The Porch at Spring Hill

Contemplative Conversations

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Welcome To The Porch

Hello!

The older I get, the more contemplative I discover myself becoming. I am most at spiritual peace when I am still, quiet and surrounded by the sights and sounds of God's creation. It's in these settings that I have my most intimate conversations with God.

Welcome to my new project. With the purchase of our new home in rural North Augusta, SC I am looking forward to many moments on our back porch listening to the birds sing songs of worship, watching butterflies drift on the breeze, squirrels run the fence, and enjoying the voice of God. I want to share many of these moments with you.

Unlike my other blog, http://billsodyssey.blogspot.com, this project will contain no rants or criticisms of what is or is not happening in the Body of Christ (I can be cranky at times in My Odyssey). You'll find no theological debates or arguments. This project will simply chronicle the voice of God in my life as my wife Lynn and I pursue deeper places of intimacy with Him. If you would like, I hope you'll take a moment to comment from time to time. Though solitude is wonderful, there is much to be gained through conversation as well.

My hope is that in sharing these moments with you, you will find a cool drink of water to quench your own thirst.

Welcome to The Porch at Spring Hill!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger ann said…

    Hey Bill! I look foward to enjoying some coffee on the porch.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home